Susanne Hafer, of counsel in Sullivan & Worcester’s Boston office, is a member of the Litigation Department. She concentrates on employment and litigation counseling. She has broad experience in state and federal trial and appellate courts, agency proceedings, and mediations. Susanne's employment practice includes a wide rage of cases, including severance negotiations, discrimination and retaliation, workplace harassment, the Family and Medical Leave Act, wage and hour disputes, and employment contract and tort phases of litigation. She represents employers and employees in all phases of litigation. She also conducts and supervises investigations of alleged sexual harassment and other workplace wrongdoing. Susanne has substantial experience drafting and reviewing employment contracts and handbooks, and conducting on and off-site workplace training programs.
In October 2014, Susanne was recognized by the National Law Journal and the Connecticut Law Tribune as one of Boston’s “40 under 40” Rising Stars and was also recognized in 2013 and 2015 as a Rising Star by Massachusetts Super Lawyers.
News & Publications
- Employment & Benefits News and Developments, S&W Client Advisory (November 20, 2018)
- Massachusetts Non-Compete Changes Looming, S&W Client Advisory (September 10, 2018)
- Bill to reform noncompete clauses advances, but the VC world isn’t happy, The Boston Globe, Quoted (July 26, 2018)
- Biotech's #MeToo moment: Lawyers say bias, harassment claims on rise, Boston Business Journal, Quoted (November 29, 2017)
- Employment Discrimination Law, Federal Civil Litigation in the First Circuit, MCLE (July 1, 2017)
- 2017 Reminders and Developments, S&W Client Advisory (January 23, 2017)
- Changes to Overtime Regulation, S&W Client Advisory (May 25, 2016)
- 2016 Limits and Other Developments, Benefits Brief (October 27, 2015)