Scott L. Kaufman
Scott leads Sullivan's Emerging Companies & Venture Capital Group and represents entrepreneurs, technology and life science companies and investors in venture financings, M&A and other corporate transactions. He also represents clients in private and public securities offerings and advises on SEC compliance matters, including with respect to token distributions. Scott’s clients are in a number of areas including Internet, Digital Health, Digital Media, Blockchain/Cryptocurrency, Biotech/Life Sciences, Artificial Intelligence, IOT, Data Analytics, Cyber Security and Software.
Scott is a trusted advisor and serves as outside general counsel to a number of his clients and has significant experience advising Israeli hi-tech companies in connection with their business transactions in the United States.
News & Publications
- Securities Law Compliance isn’t just for Public Companies — Practical Guidance for Entrepreneurs and Startups Raising Capital, VC-List (October 17, 2018)
- Fintech & Blockchain Insights, Quoted
- "Low Risk, High Potential Rates of Return are Achievable", Financial Services Spotlight (August 16, 2018)
- Sullivan & Worcester/ZAG-S&W Welcomes Scott Kaufman as Hi-Tech M&A Partner with Focus on U.S. and Israeli Markets, Press Release (February 1, 2018)
Seminars & Presentations
- Why Start-ups in Niche Markets Succeed
Silley Circuits Start-up/Tech Event (March 26, 2019)
- The Best of Israeli Tech Is Coming to Boston
ZAG-S&W, Boston, MA (December 6, 2018)
- Are There Still Opportunities for Start-Ups in the New York Region?
Sullivan & Worcester, New York, NY (October 22, 2018)
- What is Blockchain, and Why Should I Care?
Connecticut Convention Center, Hartford, CT (June 11, 2018)
- Spring 2018 Pitch Event
St. Andrews Angels of New York (May 22, 2018)
- ZAG/Sullivan Hosts The Winners of BIRD Funding
New England Israel Business Council (NEIBC) (May 17, 2018)
- Data and Cyber Security — Business Threats & Opportunities
Silley Circuits Cyber & Data event (May 7, 2018)
- Surviving as a Start-up in New York
Silley Circuits Start-up/Tech Event (April 23, 2018)