Maura C. Carney
Maura C. Carney is a partner in the Trusts & Estates Group and the Tax Department in Sullivan & Worcester’s Boston office. Her practice focuses on sophisticated estate planning for high-net-worth individuals, including the preparation of wills, trusts, and prenuptial agreements; lifetime wealth transfer strategies, including the use of leveraging techniques such as grantor retained annuity trusts, sales to intentionally-defective grantor trusts, and qualified personal residence trusts; estate and trust administration, including the preparation of estate and gift tax returns and handling of probate court matters; and charitable planning, including establishing charitable trusts and foundations and assisting organizations that wish to obtain tax-exempt status.
Before joining Sullivan & Worcester, Maura was in the Private Client Group of another Boston firm and served as a law clerk to the Honorable George A. O’Toole Jr. of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts.
News & Publications
- Sullivan & Worcester Grows Boston Office with Three New Hires, S&W Press Release (January 16, 2019)
- Sullivan & Worcester Announces 2019 Partners, S&W Press Release (January 3, 2019)
- Tax Planning Key To Preserving Mega Millions $1.5B Win, Law360, Quoted (October 24, 2018)
- Current Estate Planning Opportunities Scheduled to Expire at End of 2012, Client Advisory (October 5, 2012)
- Estate Tax Advisory, Client Advisory (February 14, 2011)
- Estate Tax Advisory, Client Advisory (January 14, 2010)