Karen J. Kepler
Karen Kepler is a partner in the Real Estate Department in our Boston office. She has a general commercial real estate practice in which she represents for-profit and non-profit organizations, financial institutions, quasi-public agencies, HUD and Fannie Mae-financed developments, federal and state low income housing tax credit, historic tax credit and tax-exempt bond financed projects, New Markets Tax Credit developments and "Comprehensive Permit" projects under Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 40B. She also has extensive experience structuring complex, multi-tiered and multi-phased projects using creative land use tools such as condominiums, air-rights and ground leases.
News & Publications
- Treasury Department Releases Investor-Friendly Proposed Opportunity Zones Regulations, S&W Opportunity Zones Alert (October 22, 2018)
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP Launches Opportunity Zone Practice Group, S&W Press Release (June 26, 2018)
- Legislation Creating Opportunity Zones Offers Significant Tax Benefits — An Overview, S&W Client Advisory (April 18, 2018)
- LIHTC Bulletin, Client Advisory (March 26, 2018)
- Sullivan & Worcester Adds Three Affordable Housing Partners to Growing Real Estate Group, S&W Press Release (March 12, 2018)
Seminars & Presentations
- Opportunity Zones: Where Are We After A Year?
Boston Bar Association (January 22, 2019)
- Securing Massachusetts and Local Tax Incentives to Maximize Opportunity Zone Benefits for Developers and Investors
Sullivan & Worcester Conference Center, Boston, MA (November 29, 2018)