Eric D. Simanek
Eric D. Simanek is a partner in the Investment Management Group of our Washington, DC office. His practice focuses on financial services, including mutual funds, closed-end funds, exchange-traded funds and commodity pools, and their boards of directors on issues regarding regulatory compliance and product development. He assists clients in navigating laws administered by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and National Futures Association (NFA), and state securities laws. He also advises investment advisers on issues relating to registration and compliance policies and procedures. Eric often advises exchange-traded funds (including exchange-traded commodity pools) in connection with their exemptive relief and the launch of new funds, as well as non-investment companies on issues regarding their status under the Investment Company Act of 1940.
Eric also served as a law clerk to the Honorable William E. Smith of the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island.
News & Publications
- Sullivan & Worcester Grows Boston Office with Three New Hires, S&W Press Release (January 16, 2019)
- Sullivan & Worcester Announces 2019 Partners, S&W Press Release (January 3, 2019)
- Shipping ETP required novel approach, ETF Express, Quoted (April 19, 2018)
- Sullivan & Worcester Advises ETF Managers Group on Launch of First Global Dry Bulk ETF, S&W Press Release (April 11, 2018)
- Regulatory Developments Relating to Actively Managed ETFs, Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation (January 10, 2018)
- Sullivan & Worcester Launches Corporate Governance and Board Advisory Practice, S&W Press Release (November 9, 2017)
Seminars & Presentations
- Mutual Fund Directors Forum Exchange-Traded Funds: A Director's Guide
Webinar, Mutual Fund Directors Forum (April 27, 2017)