|Susan M. Barnard||Partner||617 338 firstname.lastname@example.org||vCard|
|William J. Curry||Partner||617 338 email@example.com||vCard|
|David A. Guadagnoli||Partner||617 338 firstname.lastname@example.org||vCard|
|Avinash R. Rao||Associate||617 338 email@example.com||vCard|
|Laura Steinberg||Partner||617 338 firstname.lastname@example.org||vCard|
|Paul E. Summit||Partner||617 338 email@example.com||vCard|
|Carol G. Wolff||Partner||617 338 firstname.lastname@example.org||vCard|
Although the term "professional services" encompasses a very broad spectrum of our clients, there are certain consistencies to be found in terms of the business concerns of professional service providers such as client service and retention, positive reputation building, professional ethics, IP protection, and competition. We use our own perspective as a professional services firm with much learned insight from the accounting, management consulting, marketing and communication services, architecture, legal, engineering and medical sectors to be effective counsel to top-of-class service professionals.
Our lawyers handle, on behalf of our professional service clients, a spectrum of issues, including regulatory, corporate, fund raising, intellectual property, professional liability and responsibility, standards of practice, corporate structuring, employment and benefits, contractual arrangements and negotiations, commercial litigation and complex civil and criminal litigation work.
Representative Client Work
- Represented a privately held global strategy consulting firm in its acquisitions of the assets of several domestic and international consulting businesses
- Structured and managed the spin-off of a management consultancy spin-off, ensuring maximum tax efficiencies
- Counsel professional services firm on ongoing employee benefits issues including HIPAA, profit sharing and employee savings plans
- Act as general counsel for a burgeoning public relations firm, which includes assisting with the formulation of an organizational structure, contract development and employment counseling
- Obtained closure, without disciplinary action, of several complaints submitted to the Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
- Successfully defended several members of the CFA Institute in disciplinary proceedings concerning industry-related conduct and exam-related conduct