International Arbitration Clauses - What to Include and Why
Gerry Silver, Laura Steinberg and Erhard Böhm from Baier Böhm Rechtsanwälte OG, discussed "International Arbitration Clauses - What to Include and Why" at a program held at The Kitano, New York, on June 5, 2012.
Topics of discussion included:
- What are the differences in the various arbitration rules that one can choose to use? What are the consequences of choosing a particular set of rules?
- Is it preferable to have an administered or self-administered proceeding? Why would you choose one over the other?
- When you are not in the US, how do you go about choosing an arbitrator? Do you want one or three?
- How much does an international arbitration typically cost? How long does such a proceeding generally take? What can you do to control the costs and the time involved?
- What provisions should be included in the dispute resolution clause in addition to the rules choice? Why is it particularly important not to overlook certain provisions?