Introduction to U.S. International Tax for Non-International Tax Professionals
Douglas S. Stransky discussed U.S. tax issues for companies seeking to expand internationally. The objectives of Mr. Stransky's 90-minute audio discussion included providing participants with a conceptual understanding and practical application of the following:
- International Tax Overview
- Taxation of U.S. Persons with Foreign Income
- Structuring Foreign Operations
- Forms of doing business, including “check-the-box” planning
- Foreign income tax exposure
- Tax implications of creating foreign entities or transferring assets outside the U.S.