ERISA Reporting and Disclosure Requirements: Form 5500 . . . and Beyond!
New England Employee Benefits Council
David A. Guadagnoli presented at a New England Employee Benefits Council "how-to" workshop on "ERISA Reporting and Disclosure Requirements: Form 5500 . . . and Beyond!" The half-day program featured both a review of the filing requirements for IRS Form 5500 and a look at rules surrounding related ERISA disclosure mainstays: Plan Documents, Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs), Summary of Material Modifications (SMMs) and Summary Annual Reports (SARs).
- DOL/IRS late filing and voluntary correction programs
- Which plans are subject to ERISA and what are the obligations of Plan Sponsors?
- Which plans require 5500 filings; what must be filed and when?
- How to complete the 5500 forms and avoid penalties
- The "nuts and bolts" of ERISA disclosure requirements, including Plan Documents, SPDs, SMMs and SARs
- How to avoid common pitfalls
- An update on the EFAST program for electronic filings
- A review of coming 5500 changes
- Preparing for 403(b) filings and audits