Sullivan & Worcester Ranked in the 2016 Edition of Chambers USA
Boston, MA - May 27, 2016 - The 2016 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business has ranked 9 Sullivan & Worcester lawyers. Investment Funds: Registered Funds received a Nationwide ranking, and Ameek Ashok Ponda received a Nationwide ranking for REITs. Overall, seven practice areas were recognized, including three new practice areas: Corporate/M&A, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, and Real Estate. Following below are details of the firm's rankings:
Practice Area Rankings
Banking & Finance (Massachusetts)
Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Massachusetts)
Investment Funds: Registered Funds (Nationwide)
Real Estate (Massachusetts)
Individual Rankings & Recognized Practitioners
- Jeanne P. Darcey – Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Massachusetts)
- Michael M. Davis – Tax (Massachusetts)
- Patrick P. Dinardo – Bankruptcy/Restructuring (Massachusetts). Client quote: "[his strength is] understanding his client's business and his deep knowledge of bankruptcy law."
- David A. Guadagnoli – Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Massachusetts). Client quote: "Smart, fast, responsive and patient."
- David C. Mahaffey – Investment Funds: Registered Funds
- Ameek Ashok Ponda – Tax (Massachusetts) and REITs (Nationwide). Client quote: " . . . is an excellent tax lawyer and may be one of the best tax lawyers to deal with REITs."
- Amy Sheridan – Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation (Massachusetts). Client quote: "Very, very knowledgeable in this space, and in all things employment benefits related."
- Laura Steinberg – Litigation (Massachusetts). Client quote: "Manages communications thoughtfully and strategically."
Editorial Comments from Chambers
Chambers recognized the firm's Banking & Finance Group in Band 4 and noted its strength in "complex debt finance transactions and business reorganizations." Clients said, "They're so responsive and helpful in making sure the client is fully protected."
The firm's Bankruptcy/Restructuring practice was ranked in Band 3, with a client commenting that "The team as a whole works together nicely." Chambers recognized the Group's "Skilled handling of contentious and out-of-court bankruptcy and restructuring matters across the USA. Highly recommended for advice on Chapter 11 filings, with niche expertise in aviation."
Chambers recognized the firm's Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group in Band 3 for the "breadth of its capabilities in employee benefits matters and for its representation of a range of corporate and individual clients, particularly in the financial services industry." The Group received high praise from clients, including, "I haven't met anyone at the firm who hasn't impressed me with their ability, interest and commitment."
Chambers ranked the Tax Group in Band 2, saying that it is "Well regarded for its adept representation of a range of clients on national and international tax matters spanning both litigious and non-contentious areas of tax law. Respected for its broad coverage in the space including REIT conversions, estate planning and tax controversies, among other areas." Clients noted, "Everything internal at the firm runs smoothly and they offer great service."
About Sullivan & Worcester LLP
Sullivan & Worcester is a leading corporate law firm advising clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to emerging businesses. With more than 175 lawyers in Boston, London, New York and Washington, D.C., the firm offers services in a wide range of areas, including corporate finance, banking, trade finance, securities and mutual funds, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, tax, real estate and REITs, private equity and venture capital, bankruptcy, environment and natural resources, climate change, renewable energy and water resources, regulatory law, and employment and benefits. For more information please visit www.sandw.com.
Sullivan & Worcester