Marian Boyle is a partner in our London office and heads the UK insurance and disputes practices working closely with the firm’s established trade and export finance team, and U.S.-based disputes team, offering advice on insurance, risk management and commercial dispute resolution.
With over 20 years' experience, Ms. Boyle advises banks, insurance brokers, investment funds, government agencies and corporates on commercial insurance arrangements which support structured trade, commodity and pre-export financing as well as corporate finance, energy, property, M&A and outsourcing transactions. She also drafts and interprets insurance policies and advises on the use of insurance by credit institutions and investments firms as credit risk mitigation for capital adequacy purposes under the Capital Requirements Regulation.
Marian’s contentious experience includes advising clients in relation to disputes arising from trade credit, professional negligence and transactional disputes. These disputes are often international in nature and result in large-scale, highly complex multi-party litigation and arbitrations.
News & Publications
- The Insurance Act of 2015, S&W Client Advisory (August 12, 2016)
- Sullivan & Worcester Advises ITFA on New Insurance Guidelines, S&W Press Release (August 9, 2016)
- Insurance Act 2015 -- Are You Ready?, The ITFA Muse (July 10, 2016)
- Marian Boyle Launching a Practice at Sullivan & Worcester, The Lawyer (July 4, 2016)
- Sullivan & Worcester Launches UK Insurance and Disputes Practices, Global Banking & Finance Review (June 7, 2016)
- Sullivan & Worcester appoints Marian Boyle as head of insurance, TFR (June 6, 2016)
- Sullivan & Worcester hires UK insurance partner, Global Trade Review (June 6, 2016)
- Sullivan & Worcester Launches UK Insurance and Disputes Practices, S&W Press Release (June 6, 2016)
Seminars & Presentations
- Relationships In and Around Letters of Credit and What to Watch Out For
Pinners Hall 105-108 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1EN (February 23, 2017)
- Some of Those Annoying Technical Issues in Trade Finance
Pinners Hall, 105-108 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1EN (January 26, 2017)
- Insurance Act 2015: Practical Tips for Policyholders
Pinners Hall, 105-108 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1EN (September 29, 2016)
- “Crisis, What Crisis?” – What has the industry worried and what should the industry be worried about?
Pinners Hall, 105-108 Old Broad Street, London EC2N 1EN (July 21, 2016)