Benjamin J. Armour
Benjamin J. Armour is a partner in the Corporate Department of our Boston office. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate finance, and the financing, development and acquisition of energy and infrastructure projects.
Mr. Armour has successfully negotiated numerous M&A and financing transactions for public and private companies. In addition, Mr. Armour regularly represents public and private companies, including real estate investment trusts (REITs), involved in equity and debt financings, and he has advised multiple companies in connection with their REIT conversions. He also works closely with the Energy Group representing financing parties, acquisition parties, agents and project companies in the renewable energy industry.
Representative Client Work
Securities & Corporate Finance
- $1 billion public senior note offering in the information storage and protection services industry
- $670 million public debt tender offer in the office REIT industry
- $300 million public preferred equity offering in the hotel REIT industry
- $250 million public common equity offering in the hotel REIT industry
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented FlexHead Industries, Inc., a Holliston, MA-based fire sprinkler connections manufacturer and distributor, in its acquisition by Atkore International, Inc.
- Represented PayPal Media Network (formerly Where, Inc.), a Boston-based location media company, in its acquisition by PayPal, a division of eBay, Inc.
- Represented Cambridge Analog Technologies, Inc., a Cambridge, MA-based developer of semiconductors, in its acquisition by Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
- Represented Ciphent, Inc., a Baltimore-based provider of world-class cyber security solutions, in its acquisition by Accuvant LLC
- Represented Taconic Farms, Inc., a New York-based global provider of genetically engineered animal models, in its acquisition of Xenogen Biosciences Corporation, a subsidiary of Caliper Life Sciences, Inc.
- Represented G.I. Plastek Wolfeboro LLC, a New Hampshire-based premier manufacturer of highly-engineered plastic injection molded products, in its acquisition by Wincove Capital
- Represented an energy investment and management company in its acquisition of a portfolio solar power generating facilities
- Represented a project company in its Series B financing in connection with financing a portfolio of solar power generating facilities
- Represented a solar energy company in over $65 million in venture financings and multiple R&D agreements
- Massachusetts High Court Affirms the Public’s Rights in Coastal Waters and Streamlines Approval of Their Use for Energy Facilities
- Massachusetts Finalizes Solar Credit Clearinghouse Program
- SEC Emphasizes Obligation of Public Companies to Assess and Disclose Climate Change-Related Business Impacts
News & Publications
- Sullivan & Worcester Ranked in the 2017 Edition of The Legal 500 United States, S&W Press Release (May 31, 2017)
- Sullivan & Worcester Ranked in the 2016 Edition of The Legal 500 United States, S&W Press Release (June 15, 2016)
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP Announces Two New Partners, S&W Press Release (January 7, 2016)
- REIT Group Wins Legal 500 US Award, S&W Press Release (June 10, 2015)
- ZAG-S&W Continues Co-Sponsorship of Israel Cleantech Symposia, ZAG-S&W Press Release (February 3, 2010)
- Opportunities for Israeli Companies in the Carbon Credit Markets, Haaretz Global Tech Magazine (December 22, 2009)
- Opportunities in the Emerging Carbon Credit Market, Journal of BioLaw & Business (June 2009)
Seminars & Presentations
- M&A Outlook Conference 2017
(April 6, 2017)
- How to Sell (and Buy) an S Corporation
Sullivan & Worcester Conference Center, Boston, MA (May 25, 2016)
- Choice of Entity
S&W Startup Series, Sullivan & Worcester, Boston, MA (December 11, 2014)
- S&W Startup Series: Choice of Entity
S&W Startup Series, Sullivan & Worcester, Boston, MA (November 21, 2013)
- IP Protection for Start-ups
PayPal Boston: The Start Tank (July 23, 2013)