Ashley H. Brooks
Ashley H. Brooks is co-leader of the Real Estate Group in our Boston office. Her practice focuses on all aspects of transactional commercial real estate law, including secured and leveraged lending, acquisitions and dispositions, private/preferred equity investing and leasing, representing both private and public companies for office, multi-family, retail, hotel and industrial projects throughout the United States. Her experience includes negotiating and documenting complex loan facilities, construction loans and leveraged loans in connection with New Markets Tax Credits, Low Income Housing Tax Credit structures, portfolio acquisitions and sales, private/preferred equity ventures, fund formation, ground leases, sale-leasebacks, workouts and foreclosures.
Ms. Brooks is co-chair of the firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
Representative Client Work
- Represented a real estate investment trust (REIT) in its sale of 14 properties (43 buildings) with a combined 2,784,098 square feet for an aggregate sales price of $215.9 million
- Represented the borrower in a $118 million leasehold mortgage refinance in Boston’s Seaport District
- Represented the lender in a $42 million acquisition loan facility for the acquisition of 431-unit luxury apartment complex located in Houston, Texas by a complex, multi-layer borrowing entity
- Represented the lender in a $16 million leasehold mortgage transaction of a 71,633 square foot, 86-unit, assisted living facility located in Wilmington, Massachusetts
- Represented the lender in a $6.5 million construction loan for the construction of a 400-unit, 10 building apartment complex in Laredo, Texas
- Represented the special servicer and lenders in the sale of distressed debt from multiple borrowers in the aggregate amount of $45 million
- Advised on the restructure of related borrower loans with an aggregate loan amount of $156.5 million, which restructuring included a forbearance and modification to finance a 700± acre parcel of land in Massachusetts; an assignment of the mezzanine lender’s interest in over 35 mezzanine loans on development projects throughout the United States; a deed-in-lieu of foreclosure on an industrial building planned for condominium conversion in Brooklyn, New York; and an uncontested foreclosure on a 1,077 acre planned residential subdivision in Prairie Grove, Illinois
News & Publications
- Sullivan & Worcester Ranked in the 2016 Edition of The Legal 500 United States, S&W Press Release (June 15, 2016)
- Ashley Brooks Named Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow, S&W Press Release (February 25, 2016)
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP Announces Four New Partners, S&W Press Release (January 7, 2015)
- SJC: Land Registration Not a Factor in Right-of-Way Dispute, Banker & Tradesman (March 10, 2014)
- Battered Boston Investors Hope for Better Year, Banker & Tradesman (December 26, 2011)
Seminars & Presentations
- Recent Developments in the Hot Boston Real Estate Market — with Appropriate Tax Strategies!
Sullivan & Worcester, 21st Floor, One Post Office Square, Boston, MA (February 15, 2017)
- Introduction to Real Estate Finance Part II
Boston Bar Association, Boston, MA (February 28, 2014)