Anne N. Ross
Anne N. Ross is an associate in the Tax Department of our Boston office. Her practice focuses on federal and state tax litigation and transactional planning involving corporate and energy matters, as well as tax disclosures for real estate investment trusts. Ms. Ross has also advised private foundations and charitable entities on qualification, organization and investment requirements.
While attending Boston University School of Law, Ms. Ross was a Note Editor of the Boston University Public Interest Law Journal.
Representative Client Work
- Represented an investment trust company in response to an audit regarding its status as a mutual fund service corporation
- Representing a communications provider regarding its right to apportion and cost of performance state tax claims
- Represented a wind facility and a biomass facility on their individual qualifications for the renewable electricity production credits under Section 45 of the Internal Revenue Code
- Represented numerous charities to help them obtain tax-exempt status and register as public charities at the state level
News & Publications
- Unsafe Havens: Are Efforts to Extend State Reach Beyond the Water’s Edge Constitutional?, State Tax Notes (September 8, 2014)
- "An Illegal Rub?: Analyzing Craigslist's First Amendment Right to Host Adult Services Ads," 21 B.U. Pub. Int. L.J. 405 (2012)
Seminars & Presentations
- All in the Family: Tax Advice for the Family Business
Sullivan & Worcester Conference Center, Boston, MA (September 30, 2015)
- We Gotta Get Out of This Place: A Candid Confidential Report on the Pros and Cons of Expatriation
Tax Briefings 2014, Sullivan & Worcester Conference Center, Boston, MA (April 30, 2014)