The Challenges of State Tax Administration: Ethics, Culture, Transparency and the Burden of Consistency
Joseph X. Donovan spoke at the Council On State Taxation’s North-Atlantic Regional State Tax Seminar. His topic focused on "The Challenges of State Tax Administration: Ethics, Culture, Transparency and the Burden of Consistency."
This seminar provided an update on significant state tax issues for the North-Atlantic states: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont.
Other topics included:
- What's new at the Massachusetts Department of Revenue
- Recent developments in the North Atlantic states
- Discussion of state tax cases, issues and policy matters to watch in 2013 and beyond, including certain federal legislation
- Emerging trends and issues for sales & use taxes, including automation and credits & incentives
- Update on apportionment trends and unexpected assessments