The State of Data Security: Regulations and Disclosure Rules
Sullivan & Worcester and Wolf & Company co-hosted an event entitled "The State of Data Security: Regulations and Disclosure Rules."
About the program:
The failure to keep customer, patient and employee information safe is costing organizations billions of dollars and heightening the risks and liabilities that businesses face. Because of these incidents, the government is stepping in and forcing organizations to do more to protect private information. In today’s information age, successful businesses must be well-versed in the proper handling and protection of both internal and external data. This session will provide an overview of privacy and data security issues, as well as privacy regulations that may affect you or any potential SEC filings you may need to make in regards to data security.
Discussion topics included:
- An understanding of the types of data breaches that are occurring
- How much data breaches are costing organizations
- What public companies must disclose about data security and privacy
- Complying with applicable state and federal privacy, data security and breach reporting regulations
- New legislation and regulatory proposals to watch
- Handling data breaches, privacy complaints and litigation
- Defending regulatory enforcement actions by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and state Attorneys General