GreenPearl Events: Office Leasing, Finance & Investment
The New Investment Alternative: Exploring the Rise of Data Centers in Investor and Developer Portfolios
Hugh P. Finnegan was a moderator at GreenPearl Events' "Office Leasing, Finance & Investment" conference on June 10, 2010. Mr. Finnegan's topic, "The New Investment Alternative: Exploring the Rise of Data Centers in Investor and Developer Portfolios," discussed:
- Supply vs. Demand: In an increasingly technology-dependent business climate, is the current data center infrastructure adequately meeting demand?
- How would current owners stand to benefit by repositioning properties to data centers? And, what’s required?
- Where is the most new data center development occurring: suburban or urban locations?
- What is “co-location” of data centers?
- Analysis and review of cap rates on recently closed deals