2009 Carbon Trading Liability Forum: Risk Management in the New Markets for VERs, CERs and RECs
Jeffrey M. Karp participated as a panelist at a program on "2009 Carbon Trading Liability Forum: Risk Management in the New Markets for VERs, CERs and RECs."
This timely forum - which reprised in New York City our extremely well-received March 4 Boston forum - brought together diverse market participants representing the viewpoints of investors, producers, purchasers and risk managers. Our panel discussed their perspectives on the risks and liabilities involved in creating, marketing and trading credits, such as VERs, CERs and RECs. Our panel members from the legal and insurance sectors presented options for managing and reducing these exposures. Participants included:
- Bradway Widing, Iridium Clean Energy, LLC
- Jeff Bernicke, Native Energy - Purchaser/seller of carbon offsets and RECs
- Cairn Cross, Fresh Tracks Capital - Investors in renewable energy technology companies
- Jeffrey Karp, Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- John McLane, Iridium Clean Energy, LLC - Insurance providers