Managing and Financing University Green Initiatives
Enhancing the Value Proposition
Merrill L. Kramer, Paul Lyons, Bradway Widing, and Sarah Zemanick participated in a panel discussion, "Managing and Financing University Sustainability Initiatives," at Wells College on June 15, 2016.
Sustainability programs have become an integral part of the mission of institutions of higher learning. Colleges and Universities are designing programs to address energy and efficiency challenges on campus and to better prepare students for the challenges of future generations. At the same time, schools must balance their sustainability goals against project risk, financing considerations and competing capital demands.
The panel discussed:
- How do infrastructure projects get financed?
- How should universities protect themselves against project and performance risks?
- How should universities assess project feasibility to meet environmental and economic goals?
- How should the internal project approval process be managed?
- Illustrations of University Project models