Managing & Financing University Green Initiatives
Enhancing the Value Proposition
Sullivan & Worcester hosted a program on Managing and Financing University Sustainability Initiatives in its Boston Conference Center on February 11, 2016.
Sustainability programs have become an integral part of the mission of institutions of higher learning. Colleges and Universities are designing programs to address energy and efficiency challenges on campus and to better prepare students for the challenges of future generations. At the same time, schools must balance their sustainability goals against project risk, financing considerations and competing capital demands.
The program discussed:
- How do infrastructure projects get financed?
- How should universities protect themselves against project and performance risks?
- How should universities assess project feasibility to meet environmental and economic goals?
- How should the internal project approval process be managed?
- Illustrations of University Project models