Blockchain & Digital Currency
The swift and explosive growth of blockchain technology is fueling advances in industries ranging from financial services and manufacturing to retail and healthcare. Blockchain is poised to transform the way companies do business, making complex transactions efficient and increasing the productivity of employees and capital. Its seemingly unbreakable security, extraordinary precision, scalability, transparency and low cost make it more attractive than traditional systems.
As thought leaders in the industry, Sullivan & Worcester helps clients navigate emerging legal issues and regulatory uncertainties, manage risk, identify opportunities and proactively plan for the future. Joel Telpner practices in the blockchain space and leads policy initiatives on global regulatory issues for blockchain on behalf of the Global Blockchain Business Council and the Blockchain Research Institute. He speaks often on the subject and participates in panels worldwide, most recently the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
Media coverage related to blockchain and digital currencies has been substantial and includes:
- Australian Market to Clear Transactions Using Blockchain, Global Finance (January 11, 2018)
- Munchee Case Clarifies SEC's Stance On Digital Tokens, Law360 (January 3, 2018)
- Directors Ask: Can Blockchain Technology Save Us Money?, Board IQ, Quoted (December 5, 2017)
- ICOs, The DAO, and the Investment Company Act of 1940, The Investment Lawyer (November 8, 2017)
- Sullivan & Worcester Partner Joel Telpner Named to Faculty of International Blockchain Research Institute, S&W Press Release (October 10, 2017)
- World's Biggest Tech Giants Could Boost Bitcoin in Regulatory Push, CoinDesk, Quoted (May 16, 2017)