These Terms create a legal agreement between you ("You") and Sullivan & Worcester ("S&W") that govern: (1) the information of S&W (the "Information") made available through this website; (2) the nature of the relationship between You and S&W; (3) certain other matters of professional responsibility; (4) S&W's use of Your information gathered by it through this website; and (5) Your use of this website, related systems, and the Information (collectively, the "S&W Site"). By accessing or entering any portion of the S&W Site, You are indicating that You have read and understood, and that You agree and assent to be bound by, these Terms, which may be amended from time to time by S&W pursuant to the terms herein. If You do not agree to these Terms, You are not permitted to access the S&W Site. By accessing or entering this site you acknowledge and agree that this Site will only be construed and evaluated according to United States law.
NO LEGAL ADVICE
The Information is made available for general informational purposes only, and is not intended to constitute specific legal advice or to be a substitute for advice from qualified counsel. Without limiting the foregoing, the Information may not reflect recent developments in the law, may not be complete, and may not be accurate in or applicable to Your jurisdiction. Because the Information is general in nature and may not pertain to Your specific circumstances, You should not act or refrain from acting based on any Information without first obtaining advice from professional counsel qualified in the applicable subject matter and jurisdictions.
NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP
S&W has a policy of entering into attorney-client relationships with its clients only in accordance with certain procedures which include executing an engagement letter and addressing professional responsibility conflicts as required by the Bar Associations of the jurisdictions in which S&W maintains offices. You agree that Your access of the S&W Site or receipt of the Information, or Your transmission of electronic mail to addresses on the S&W Site, does not create an attorney-client relationship between You and S&W. If you wish to become a client of S&W, you must contact an appropriate S&W attorney and explicitly negotiate a retention. This S&W Site is not an invitation to form an attorney-client relationship.
OTHER MATTERS OF PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY
- No Advertising or Solicitation. The S&W Site is not intended to be an advertisement or solicitation, but may be deemed an ADVERTISEMENT in certain jurisdictions.
- Sensitive Communications. You agree that electronic mail sent by You to S&W will not be treated as confidential or invoke an attorney-client privilege; provided, however, that if You are an existing client of S&W and You send an electronic mail to S&W pertaining to a matter in which S&W then represents You, such electronic mail may be entitled to be treated as confidential or privileged. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You acknowledge that electronic mail and the Internet are generally insecure media of communication, and S&W cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any electronic mail sent to or received by it or any information submitted by You to S&W through the Site. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that any ideas, concepts, techniques, procedures, methods, systems, designs, plans, charts, or other materials you transmit to S&W may be used by S&W, anywhere, anytime, and for any reason whatsoever.
- Authorized Jurisdictions; Certifications. While S&W practices law in the jurisdictions in which its offices are located as well as other jurisdictions, each S&W attorney is licensed to practice only in those jurisdictions set forth in that attorney's biography on the S&W Site. Except as specifically stated, each S&W attorney is not certified (including as a specialist) by any professional or government authority. The listing of S&W attorneys in practice groups is not intended to indicate any professional or governmental certification.
- Principal Office; Responsible Attorney. To the extent the requirements of the Bar Association in Your jurisdiction require such designation: S&W's principal office is its Boston office. S&W's responsible attorney for the S&W Site is Joel R. Carpenter for its offices in Boston, Jon M. Jenkins for its offices in New York, David C. Mahaffey for its offices in Washington, D.C. and Geoffrey L. Wynne its offices in London.
- No Warranty of Results. The Information may contain descriptions of matters in which S&W successfully represented its clients. The results of these matters were dependent on their specific circumstances, and are in no way intended to be predictive of future results, even in similar circumstances, or offer any type of guarantee or assurance of outcome. Information pertaining to S&W clients may not reflect the opinions such clients.
- Prohibited Uses. You will not use the S&W Site in violation of any applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, You will not use the S&W Site in connection with (a) the infringement of intellectual property rights including S&W's rights in its marks and its articles and alerts; (b) the unauthorized transmission of unsolicited commercial electronic mail; (c) the transmission of defamatory materials; or (d) fraud. You will not violate, attempt to violate, or knowingly facilitate the violation of the security (including access control or authentication systems) or integrity of the S&W Site.
- Copyright in Information. The S&W Site including the Information is protected by United States and international copyright laws. All rights are reserved. Subject to these Terms, S&W grants to You a limited, nonexclusive, personal license to access, view, download and print the Information solely for noncommercial and informational purposes. You may not modify the Information in any way and You may not remove or obscure any copyright or permission notices provided on or in connection with the Information. S&W does not grant to You any rights in its marks. You are free to hyperlink to any page in the publicly available pages of the S&W Site; provided, however, that You agree to remove any such hyperlink upon S&W's written request.
- Electronic Mail. Subject to Section 1 (Prohibited Uses), You may send electronic mail to those addresses made available on the Site for the purposes of requesting alerts or other news notification services, submitting voluntary survey responses, responding to or making inquiries regarding S&W events, requesting information regarding S&W or legal or other services offered by S&W, and inquiring about employment opportunities. You agree to cease sending electronic mail to any S&W address upon S&W's request.
- No Warranties. THE S&W SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW AND RULES OF PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION, S&W DISCLAIMS ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE OPERATION.
- Disclaimer of Liability. BY ENTERING THE S&W SITE YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT NONE OF THE PARTIES INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THIS SITE IS LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER LOSSES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES OR ANY KIND (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES, EXPERT FEES, OR OTHER DISBURSEMENTS) WHICH MAY ARISE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THROUGH THE ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING OF THIS SITE OR THROUGH YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO OR AUDIO FROM THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANYTHING CAUSED BY ANY VIRUSES, BUGS, HUMAN ACTION OR INACTION OR ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM, PHONE LINE, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR PROGRAM MALFUNCTIONS, OR ANY OTHER ERRORS, FAILURES OR DELAYS IN COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS OR NETWORK CONNECTIONS. ALTHOUGH THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SITE IS BASED UPON UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION, AND WHILE S&W MAKES ALL REASONABLE EFFORTS TO INSURE THAT ALL MATERIAL ON THIS SITE IS CORRECT, ACCURACY CANNOT BE GUARANTEED AND S&W MAKES NO CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AS TO ITS ACCURACY.
- Third Party Information. Although this Site may be linked to other sites, S&W is not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation with the linked site, unless specifically stated therein. By entering this Site you acknowledge and agree that S&W has not reviewed all the sites linked to this Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other site linked to this Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- Miscellaneous. You agree that any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Site or these Terms will be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without reference to conflict of laws principles that would require the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction, and You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in Boston, Massachusetts. In the event that You gain access to information not intended to be accessed by You, You agree that You will immediately notify S&W and lawfully destroy all copies of such information in Your possession. S&W may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Revise. S&W reserves the right to revise these Terms at any time and for any reason and reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, to any of the Information contained on this Site. By entering this Site you acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by such revisions. We suggest periodically visiting this page of the Site to review these Terms.