Our clients' profiles range from Fortune 500 companies to emerging businesses.
Regardless of what size a client is, or where they are in their life-cycle, we strive to understand our clients' business goals and industry dynamics to deliver practical solutions that align with their own business strategy. To facilitate this, our lawyers work together in small teams to share knowledge and service our clients at the highest level of efficiency and thoughtfulness.
What our clients say about us*:
- "Patrick Dinardo has done an excellent job with a challenging case, and I highly recommend him."
Moreland Management Company
- "I previously worked with Jeff Gleit on the Borders' chapter 11 case. He took the lead on many important issues including the company's dip financing, store closings and plan confirmation. Jeff was thoughtful and appropriately aggressive when dealing with all issues involving the company."
- "Sullivan & Worcester is our sole outside corporate U.S. counsel for a reason - they provide superior services, in a timely and cost-effective manner. I highly recommend Sullivan & Worcester for all corporate, tax, and litigation needs."
Idean Enterprises, Inc.
- "Sullivan & Worcester is an asset to our company. They are responsive, creative and thorough. We trust them to protect our business."
Diversified Business Communications
- "Our team at Sullivan & Worcester has consistently provided critical expert advice with regard to our benefits programs and ERISA law. They are an extension of our own benefits department and have always been very responsive and reliable in advising us on all facets of benefits law and ERISA compliance."
The RMR Group LLC
- "David Guadagnoli is a true subject matter expert in dealing with health, welfare, and retirement issues. He has generously donated his time to our non-profit organization, whose mission it is to educate and promote excellence among benefits professionals here in New England. Our members go out of their way to attend sessions where he is presenting, and I know that his clients truly value his expertise and thoroughness."
New England Employee Benefits Council
- "I have worked with Jeffrey Karp at Sullivan & Worcester for many years. His knowledge of the environmental business and partnering with both the client and their consultant to address the client's needs are unparalleled in my 35 years of experience; which includes working with many attorneys and law firms. His attention to the client's needs and providing timely legal advice cognizant of his client's business needs and stressors have been important for the long-term client relationships we have shared."
Golder Associates, Inc.
- "Sullivan & Worcester is known for having attorneys that are well-versed in all aspects of environmental law and litigation. In this regard, the support of Jerry Muys in our work has been invaluable."
- "Doug Stransky has exceptional technical skills, and that combined with his understanding of transactions and how they work, just make my job that much easier. Of all the professionals I have dealt with in my career, Doug is the most responsive I have ever seen. He is excellent at working with others, and he communicates effectively."
Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.
- "The lawyers I work with at Sullivan & Worcester are knowledgeable in the applicable law. They have developed a keen understanding of my business needs and are responsive and available when I need them."
Virtus Funds and Virtus Variable Insurance Trust
- "I have worked with a number of '40 Act law firms since I entered the business in the mid 1980's, and there is none better in any way than Sullivan & Worcester."
- "Frank Velie has an excellent knowledge of handling litigation, and he provides me - as a foreigner - with a feeling of perfect representation in the U.S. He is able to 'translate' specific U.S. features to a foreigner, and makes useful and realistic statements without exaggerating issues."
Bank Austria - Member of UniCredit Group
- "Harry Rimm at Sullivan & Worcester understands the specific constraints which may apply to a foreign company involved in US litigation. He is skilled at explaining the litigation process and the tactical choices to foreign customers who may not be familiar with the US court system and procedures."
- "Sullivan & Worcester attorneys are pragmatic and astute; they provide advice which is both commercial and cost effective."
ICICI Bank UK plc
- "Bill Curry is one of the top Corporate and M&A attorneys I've ever worked with. He is strategic and insightful, yet remains very practical in the advice he provides. He instills confidence and gets results."
Iron Mountain Incorporated
- "For transactions and mergers and acquisitions as well as the technical compliance with specialized REIT qualification rules, I don't believe there are smarter tax attorneys than at Sullivan & Worcester."
Senior Housing Properties Trust
- "The attorneys at Sullivan & Worcester are knowledgeable and efficient. They are extremely helpful in structuring solutions to get deals closed."
- "I have worked with the team at Sullivan & Worcester for over 15 years. They understand the issues at hand and stay focused on assisting with those issues. They are very reasonable for the value we receive. I never question their level of integrity."
Cantel Medical Corp.
- "Sullivan & Worcester's property expertise has been particularly beneficial to us."
Clarendon Properties USA
- "In my opinion, Ameek Ponda is heads above any other tax expert that I have worked with. Without elaborating, if I need to have the correct answer on a technical issue, I go to Ameek. He has never steered me wrong. He also is very creative and is an absolute pleasure to work with."
American Tower Corporation
- "Working with Sullivan & Worcester on complex international and domestic tax issues has been an asset for my company. S&W has the ability to explain complex issues so that our finance group can understand it easily to make complex decisions."
Altra Industrial Motion, Inc.
- "My experience with Sullivan & Worcester has been very extensive and over a long period of time. They have consistently knocked the ball out of the park for us. They understand our business and bring tremendous expertise to the table every time. They are proactive and practical."
* These comments appeared in the U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" rankings.
Our clients include:
- Alcobra Pharma
- American DG Energy Inc.
- American Tower Corporation
- Ares Management
- Attunity Ltd.
- Bank of America
- Deutsche Bank AG, New York
- Ernst & Young U.S. LLP
- Equinix, Inc.
- Fidelity Management & Research Company
- Five Star Quality Care, Inc.
- Government Properties Income Trust
- Hospitality Properties Trust
- HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
- Iron Mountain Incorporated
- John Hancock Financial Services
- Level 3 Communications, Inc.
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Novaya Real Estate Ventures
- Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Select Income REIT
- Senior Housing Properties Trust
- Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
- Staples, Inc.
- The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland PLC
- The RMR Group LLC
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- TravelCenters of America LLC
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Westbrook Partners