Our clients' profiles range from Fortune 500 companies to emerging businesses.
Regardless of what size a client is, or where they are in their life-cycle, we strive to understand our clients' business goals and industry dynamics to deliver practical solutions that align with their own business strategy. To facilitate this, our lawyers work together in small teams to share knowledge and service our clients at the highest level of efficiency and thoughtfulness.
What our clients say about us*:
- "Sullivan & Worcester is a great firm with extremely capable attorneys; very responsive and provide great advice."
Mesirow Financial Consulting LLC
- "Alexander Notopoulos is knowledgeable, professional, fully dedicated, highly efficient and has high integrity. A pleasure to work with."
Select Income REIT
- "Harvey Bines is a brilliant, outstanding lawyer. He is very creative. He works extremely hard to serve client interests."
AOA Geophysics, Inc.
- "I have worked with Jeffrey Karp at Sullivan & Worcester for many years. His knowledge of the environmental business and partnering with both the client and their consultant to address the client's needs are unparalleled in my 35 years of experience; which includes working with many attorneys and law firms. His attention to the client's needs and providing timely legal advice cognizant of his client's business needs and stressors have been important for the long-term client relationships we have shared."
Golder Associates, Inc.
- "Sullivan & Worcester is known for having attorneys that are well-versed in all aspects of environmental law and litigation. In this regard, the support of Jerry Muys in our work has been invaluable."
- "Sullivan & Worcester's working knowledge of CERCLA has effectuated significant, positive results."
- "Doug Stransky has exceptional technical skills, and that combined with his understanding of transactions and how they work, just make my job that much easier. Of all the professionals I have dealt with in my career, Doug is the most responsive I have ever seen. He is excellent at working with others, and he communicates effectively."
Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.
- "The lawyers I work with at Sullivan & Worcester are knowledgeable in the applicable law. They have developed a keen understanding of my business needs and are responsive and available when I need them."
Virtus Funds and Virtus Variable Insurance Trust
- "I have worked with a number of '40 Act law firms since I entered the business in the mid 1980's, and there is none better in any way than Sullivan & Worcester."
- "Frank Velie has an excellent knowledge of handling litigation, and he provides me - as a foreigner - with a feeling of perfect representation in the U.S. He is able to 'translate' specific U.S. features to a foreigner, and makes useful and realistic statements without exaggerating issues."
Bank Austria - Member of UniCredit Group
- "Harry Rimm at Sullivan & Worcester understands the specific constraints which may apply to a foreign company involved in US litigation. He is skilled at explaining the litigation process and the tactical choices to foreign customers who may not be familiar with the US court system and procedures."
- "Bill Curry is one of the top Corporate and M&A attorneys I've ever worked with. He is strategic and insightful, yet remains very practical in the advice he provides. He instills confidence and gets results."
Iron Mountain Incorporated
- "For transactions and mergers and acquisitions as well as the technical compliance with specialized REIT qualification rules, I don't believe there are smarter tax attorneys than at Sullivan & Worcester."
Senior Housing Properties Trust
- "Hugh Finnegan has provided assistance on real estate matters in connection with acquisitions by my company. He demonstrates a high level of professionalism and has shown creative problem solving."
Cantel Medical Corp.
- "J. Truman Bidwell is without equal. He has the finest legal mind and is the most delightful professional. He is able to provide comprehensive legal guidance, useful and effective business and transaction advice, and supremely valuable negotiating strategies."
Structured Finance International, LLC
- "Bob Gillispie is the ultimate professional with a wealth of banking and finance knowledge and superior contract drafting/negotiating ability."
Regions Equipment Finance, LP
- "I have enjoyed a long relationship with two of Sullivan & Worcester’s structured finance securitization partners and find them to be very knowledgeable; they have good presence with clients and opposing counsel. I can recommend them without reservation."
- "In my opinion, Ameek Ponda is heads above any other tax expert that I have worked with. Without elaborating, if I need to have the correct answer on a technical issue, I go to Ameek. He has never steered me wrong. He also is very creative and is an absolute pleasure to work with."
American Tower Corporation
- "David Nagle was very effective and clearly communicated his understanding of the legal issues. He was very impressive in his arguments and thoroughly studied the laws. I really enjoyed working with him and felt very confident that we were in good hands!"
Town Fair Tire
- "Joe Donovan is one of Boston's top state tax lawyers and is particularly knowledgeable on MA tax matters."
- "I greatly appreciate the opportunity to work closely with trusted individuals at Sullivan & Worcester. I consider my interactions with S&W as one of the best attributes of my position."
* These comments appeared in the U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" rankings.
Our clients include:
- Alcobra Pharma
- American DG Energy Inc.
- American Tower Corporation
- Ares Management
- Attunity Ltd.
- Bank of America
- Deutsche Bank AG, New York
- Ernst & Young U.S. LLP
- Equinix, Inc.
- Fidelity Management & Research Company
- Five Star Quality Care, Inc.
- Government Properties Income Trust
- Hospitality Properties Trust
- HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
- Iron Mountain Incorporated
- John Hancock Financial Services
- Level 3 Communications, Inc.
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Novaya Real Estate Ventures
- Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Select Income REIT
- Senior Housing Properties Trust
- Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
- Staples, Inc.
- The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland PLC
- The RMR Group LLC
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- TravelCenters of America LLC
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Westbrook Partners