Our clients' profiles range from Fortune 500 companies to emerging businesses.
Regardless of what size a client is, or where they are in their life-cycle, we strive to understand our clients' business goals and industry dynamics to deliver practical solutions that align with their own business strategy. To facilitate this, our lawyers work together in small teams to share knowledge and service our clients at the highest level of efficiency and thoughtfulness.
What our clients say about us*:
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- "Sullivan & Worcester is a great firm with extremely capable attorneys; very responsive and provide great advice."
Mesirow Financial Consulting LLC
- "Sullivan & Worcester attorneys have unparalleled expertise. They are efficient and responsive; they keep their eye on getting the deal done as the clients desire."
Financial Consulting LLC
Environment & Natural Resources
- "I have worked with Jeffrey Karp at Sullivan & Worcester for many years. His knowledge of the environmental business and partnering with both the client and their consultant to address the client's needs are unparalleled in my 35 years of experience; which includes working with many attorneys and law firms. His attention to the client's needs and providing timely legal advice cognizant of his client's business needs and stressors have been important for the long-term client relationships we have shared."
Golder Associates, Inc.
- "Sullivan & Worcester is known for having attorneys that are well-versed in all aspects of environmental law and litigation. In this regard, the support of Jerry Muys in our work has been invaluable."
- "Sullivan & Worcester's working knowledge of CERCLA has effectuated significant, positive results."
- "The lawyers I work with at Sullivan & Worcester are knowledgeable in the applicable law. They have developed a keen understanding of my business needs and are responsive and available when I need them."
Virtus Funds and Virtus Variable Insurance Trust
- "I have worked with a number of '40 Act law firms since I entered the business in the mid 1980's, and there is none better in any way than Sullivan & Worcester."
- "Harry Rimm at Sullivan & Worcester understands the specific constraints which may apply to a foreign company involved in US litigation. He is skilled at explaining the litigation process and the tactical choices to foreign customers who may not be familiar with the US court system and procedures."
Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- "For transactions and mergers and acquisitions as well as the technical compliance with specialized REIT qualification rules, I don't believe there are smarter tax attorneys than at Sullivan & Worcester."
Senior Housing Properties Trust
Securitization and Structured Finance Law
- "Sullivan & Worcester has an excellent structured finance practice. They are knowledgeable, cost effective, and timely; with good business sense as well."
- I have enjoyed a long relationship with two of Sullivan & Worcester’s structured finance securitization partners and find them to be very knowledgeable; they have good presence with clients and opposing counsel. I can recommend them without reservation."
- "I greatly appreciate the opportunity to work closely with trusted individuals at Sullivan & Worcester. I consider my interactions with S&W as one of the best attributes of my position."
- The attorneys Sullivan & Worcester are very focused on the real world issues dealing with the subject of water law. They are particularly diligent without creating tension or making folks uncomfortable. Their skill is superb. The experience was very satisfactory."
* These comments appeared in the 2015 U.S. News - Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" rankings.
Our clients include:
- Alcobra Pharma
- American DG Energy Inc.
- American Tower Corporation
- Ares Management
- Attunity Ltd.
- Bank of America
- Deutsche Bank AG, New York
- Ernst & Young U.S. LLP
- Equinix, Inc.
- Fidelity Management & Research Company
- Five Star Quality Care, Inc.
- Government Properties Income Trust
- Hospitality Properties Trust
- HSBC Bank USA, N.A.
- Iron Mountain Incorporated
- John Hancock Financial Services
- Level 3 Communications, Inc.
- Lloyds Banking Group
- Novaya Real Estate Ventures
- Oramed Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Select Income REIT
- Senior Housing Properties Trust
- Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
- Staples, Inc.
- The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland PLC
- The RMR Group LLC
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- TravelCenters of America LLC
- Wells Fargo Bank
- Westbrook Partners