The firm is currently looking to hire a Business Development Associate. The position is designed for a recent college graduate who aspires to, but may be undecided about, attending graduate school in law or business. It is designed as a two-year position, (with possibility for a one-year extension), where the candidate will gain valuable experience in the business of the law firm by working within the business development and marketing functions of the firm. The candidate will work directly with the firm’s Business Development Partner and Marketing Director.
At Sullivan & Worcester, the Business Development Associate can expect to utilize a broad range of skills to assist the firm and its clients. The Business Development Associate will assist the firm’s Business Development Partner with business development analysis and research and draft client and prospect reports. The Business Development Associate may interact directly with the firm’s clients on projects. The position offers a recent college graduate the opportunity to engage in challenging and interesting work in a fast-paced environment across a wide range of legal disciplines. The Business Development Associate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following activities:
- Manage Business Development Partner’s contacts, prospect list and calendar. Handle calendar reminders, follow-up communications, meetings, and corporate social events
- Research and build client/prospect dossiers
- Regularly modify and update prospect lists based on ongoing internal and external research
- Assist Marketing Group with internal newsletter writing and editing
- Write and edit submissions to legal rankings publications, such as Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500.
- Coordinate and streamline communications, social media messaging and marketing initiatives between Business Development Partner and Marketing Group
- Assist Business Development Partner with promoting client-facing events and initiatives within the firm
Must be able to demonstrate a highly successful college career and have Microsoft Office proficiency. Design software and social media experience a plus.
The Course Developer & Training Specialist is a high visibility role throughout the firm and is responsible for developing and delivering technology training to partners, attorneys and professional staff via instructor-led virtual and in-person classes.
- Develop and deliver information technology training via instructor-led virtual and in-person classroom sessions
- Provide one-on-one desk side coaching sessions
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts to develop and maintain courseware based on new releases and other training needs
- Create online/on-demand course materials
- Pilot new course content and adjust as needed
- Customize course objectives and deliverables based on course offering and audience
- Effectively manage the classroom environment, addressing any issues that might come up real time and ensuring the class stays on track with the intended agenda
- Act as liaison with course participants, trainers, and other stakeholders to ensure continuity and success of the learning process
- Track, analyze, summarize and report training metrics
- Answer User Support Line as needed
- Strong classroom management skills
- 2-3 years of experience developing and delivering training both instructor-led and virtual instructor-led classes
- Ability to articulate and convey technical concepts to a mixed audience
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and technical skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (oral and written)
- Experienced in applying adult learning theories
- Experienced in building and maintaining clear and effective individual led and virtual led training content – e-Learning tools, PowerPoint, instructor manuals, quick reference cards, FAQs
- Experienced with virtual classroom training delivery tools (WebEx, Adobe Connect, GoToTraining)
- Willingness to travel to other firm offices
- Passionate about driving customer satisfaction and success
Educational Qualifications/Job Experience Requirements
- BA, BS or equivalent
- Experience creating on-demand training materials
- 2-3 years of training experience
Sullivan & Worcester LLP
One Post Office Square
Boston, MA 02109
Attn: Human Resources
Sullivan & Worcester LLP is a diverse and team-oriented law firm.