Environmental and Land Use Regulatory Compliance Checklist
The following is a brief sample of just a few of the areas we explore when conducting an Environmental and Land Use regulatory compliance review. For more information on the complete audit checklist, or to discuss questions or concerns specific to your organization, please contact Jerome C. Muys Jr.
- Are company facilities located in or near wetlands, tidelands, waterways, aquifer protection zones or other sensitive resource areas?
- Do company operations affect habitat of threatened or endangered species?
- Has the company received a request for information related to a contaminated site?
- Has the company been notified that it is a potentially responsible party at a contaminated site?
Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know
- Does the company handle chemicals or other substances that require a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)?
- Has the company complied with state and federal notification and reporting requirements?
- Does the company discharge industrial wastewater to surface water?
- Does the company discharge industrial wastewater to a publicly owned treatment work (POTW)?
- Does the company discharge industrial wastewater into a septic system, injection well or otherwise into the ground?
- Does the company discharge storm water from construction or industrial areas?
- Does the company comply with local, state and federal reporting requirements?
© 2015 Sullivan & Worcester LLP. Because sound legal advice must necessarily take into account all relevant facts and developments in the law, the information you will find on this page is not intended to constitute legal advice or a legal opinion as to any particular matter.